Last Updated on February 21, 2023 by Admin
When we have a split system HVAC we should not worry about cooling and heating in all seasons. We can get warm in the winter and cool in the summer. It is also known as a home comfort system or central heating and air conditioning system. This system has both indoor and outdoor units. Both indoor and outdoor units are connected with copper. When we use split system HVAC we can get free from allergens and pollutants. The split system is perfect for larger storage spaces. On the other hand, an HVAC packaged system needs a small amount of storage space. We can use mini-split systems for cooling and heating small spaces.
Parts of the split system HVAC
Split systems have five parts. Here is the description of them.
1. Split system HVAC has an indoor unit. The indoor unit contains an evaporator coil and an indoor air handler. We can see that the air handling unit sends the air through the ductwork in our home.
2. It has an outdoor unit. The outdoor unit contains the compressor and condenser. Outdoor compressor work with the outdoor condenser in the air conditioning unit to release heat into the outside air.
3. The system has a thermostat. It can be programmable or nonprogrammable. The thermostat is attached near the evaporator coil. It is a temperature sensor that is attached to the evaporator coil. It plays a vital role in controlling room temperature. It controls the cooling cycle and shuts the compressor when the set temperature is achieved.
4. It has air cleaners and filters. We can easily filter pollutants and contaminants. We can reduce airborne contaminants. As a result, we should not worry about particles containing viruses.
5. It has humidity control systems. We should not worry about the proper humidity.
6. It has ductwork. As a result, the conditioned air can move from the equipment to rooms inside the home.
Mini split system HVAC
We can choose the mini-split system for heating and cooling in a single room. It has two parts. They are
1. Outdoor unit (compressor/condenser)
2. Indoor air-handling unit (evaporator).
It has great flexibility. It is very cost-effective too. We do not need to spend extra money on a room we do not use. It is perfect for small houses. We can choose the size of the units. It draws and delivers air to the interior of our home through a small and flexible tube. It has great inverter technology. As a result, it can ensure cooling according to our demand. It does not need complex and expensive ductwork. The ductless mini-split system is very cost-effective. We can reduce our energy consumption when we use this system. As a result, we can reduce energy costs. The ductless mini-split system is controlled by a remote. When we use a good quality split system we can use it for 10–15 years.
How does a split air conditioner heat pump work?
In the heat pump systems, the heat pump extracts heat from the outside air. After removing it, heat pumps transfer heat inside our home. After that, a compressor uses electricity to increase the temperature of this heat. The split system heat pump can also keep the room cool by transferring the hot air to the outside.
Difference between ducted and ductless split systems
Split systems can be ducted and ductless systems. In the case of the ducted split systems, we can see that they use ductwork to circulate warm and cool air that is produced in the system. On the other hand, in the case of the mini split ductless system, we can see that small air handlers are used to heat and cool the specific space.
Advantages of the split system HVAC
1. Split systems have separate components. It can provide heating as well as cooling. The thermostat controls the temperature of hot and cold air.
2. It is energy efficient. We can reduce energy losses by using this system. As a result, it is an energy-saving system. We can save money on heating and cooling costs.
3. We should not worry about installation. We can install it easily. As it has two separate components, we can get more customization in the setup of the system.
Disadvantages of the split system HVAC
1. As it has two separate units, installation is more expensive than a single unit. We have to spend more when we need to install the two individual units farther apart. We can see different cost ranges for different types of split systems. For ductless units, we do not need to install air ducts, but we have to spend more for ductless units.
2. We can face noise problems if the outdoor compressor is not maintained properly. We can face a sound problem here.
3. We need more space for the outdoor compressor. It is difficult to install this system in a short space.
4. It will be unsuitable if we live in a tall building or an apartment.
5. We should install it with a professional installer. We should not try to install it without a licensed installer.
Split system HVAC plays an important role in heating as well as cooling. It has great efficiency. There are many items in the market. When we buy a good quality item we can use it for a long time. On the other hand, when we use a split system HVAC we should not worry about cooling individual rooms. Hope this article will help us to know more about the split system HVAC.
We love to share our knowledge on current technologies. Our motto is ‘Do our best so that we can’t blame ourselves for anything“.